I’m so totally enjoying July Ice Cream month! There are just so many flavor combinations to try especially if you nail the No Churn Ice Cream method.
No Churn Ice Cream is so simple to whip up- literally– and a couple hours of freezing gives you a creamy treat to enjoy! You’re house will never be out of ice cream again!
Usually, during food photoshoots you gotta work quick. The food will get cold and in some dishes it begins to show and doesn’t look entirely too appealing – but that’s got a quick fix as you can warm it up. Then there’s the dishes that are difficult to keep your hands off of and you have to finish the photoshoot quick so you don’t end up eating everything and have nothing to photograph.
And then there’s ice cream- creamy, smooth ice cream that melts in a heartbeat or five. Better have everything set up before you bring the ice cream outta that freezer ’cause other wise you’ll be scooping and shooting for a while as you have to pop it into the freezer again. Let’s just add hot, humid weather to the mix and you’ve got a race!
It’s so incredibly hot here that I melt along with the ice cream just minutes after the air conditioning goes off. Not only that, but it’s cloudy every day!
I enjoy cloudy, rainy weather but can you imagine how frustrating it is to take food photographs when the sun is forever hiding from you?
The only consolation is that you’ve got a cool treat to enjoy once you’re done snapping pictures like a madwoman whenever rays of sunlight peek out while praying the ice cream just holds on for a couple more minutes!
This ice cream is delicious- there really is nothing quite like enjoying something you made on your own!
The tartness of the cherries pairs beautifully with the sweetness of the chocolate for a little swarty (sweet and tarty!) fête!
I’ve put down 6 hours as the overall freeing time, however if your freezer isn’t opened every little while or stuffed full, then you can probably get away with 4-5 hours. Just give it a little check at the 4 hour mark.
If you try out this recipe, please let me know! Tag me on instagram (_littlemiracles_). Feel free to leave a comment below; let me know what you think! I love to hear from you all! Follow me on Instagram: @_littlemiracles_ or just click on the Follow Me! button on the top right hand of the page to get an email every time there’s a post!♥
Cherry Swirl Chocolate Ice Cream
Recipe adapted from foodnetwork
Yield: 5-6 large scoops
Time: Total 6 hours 10 minutes
10 minutes prep
6 hours freezing
190 ml condensed milk
1/4 cup unsweetened natural cocoa powder
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Pinch of fine salt
1 cup heavy cream, cold
4-5 tsps. cherry preserve
- Place a 8×4 loaf pan, large bowl and whisk(s) in freezer ten minutes before you begin.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the condensed milk, cocoa powder, vanilla extract and salt together, until everything is combined- it’ll be a thick mixture.
- Removing the large bowl and whisk(s) from the freezer, pour in the 1 cup of heavy cream and whip with a hand/stand mixer until firm peaks.
- Using a spatula, spoon half of the whipped cream into the cocoa condensed milk mixture and fold.
- Pour the mixture back into the bowl with remaining whipped cream and fold. FOLD, FOLD, FOLD gently until there are no more lumps.
- Pour into loaf pan, cover with cling film and stick into freezer for two hours.
- After two hours, add the cherry preserves and swirl into chocolate ice cream using a spoon. Cover tightly and freeze for 4-6 hours.
- Keep outside for a couple minutes before scooping and serving.