It’s been awhile since my last post unfortunately!
While I was busy excitedly prepping for Ice Cream Day, I ended up eating out one night and got a seriously terrible case of food poisoning which had me in bed for a couple days with not much time to recover as a family wedding started just a mere three days later.
A complete bummer as I had been planning and testing a whole bunch of recipes weeks in advance!
And, well, it’s an Indian wedding, so you know how those go.. Days on end of different celebrations, with the actual wedding ceremony taking place on the second last/last day!
So I’m on day three of the first wedding of this month, still incredibly weak and my stomach still queasy, and I gotta skedaddle and get ready for tonight in just a couple hours!
I do, however, enjoy getting ready for weddings immensely!
This ice cream was just so incredibly fun for me to make! I just can’t wait to share it with you!
I whipped up a batch of my Brownies for Two, ate two pieces, then chopped up a couple more and swirled it into the ice cream along with chopped hazelnuts. You can make the brownies as the ice cream cools for the initial two hours- giving enough time for them to cool down and chop up!
Not only do you get a delicious ice cream but you’ve got a couple slices of brownies left to have as a midnight snack!
Recovering from my food poisoning, I downed an entire cone even while I worried about my stomach acting out against it.
So totally worth it!
This No Churn Ice Cream sets in a 8×4 loaf pan and two hours into it freezing you swirl in the brownie chunks and chopped hazelnuts. It takes about 6 hours to set in the freezer- just make sure you don’t keep opening and checking on it ’cause then it’ll take longer for you to enjoy your first scoop! I should know!
The ice cream is light, just the right amount of sweet and so incredibly smooth. The brownies add a chewy component and the hazelnuts add a crunchy one, perfectly combining the smooth, chewy & crunchy! It’s a party in your mouth!
If you try out this recipe, please let me know! Tag me on instagram (_littlemiracles_). Feel free to leave a comment below; let me know what you think! I love to hear from you all! Follow me on Instagram: @_littlemiracles_ or just click on the Follow Me! button on the top right hand of the page to get an email every time there’s a post!♥
Brownie & Hazelnut Chocolate Ice Cream
Recipe adapted from foodnetwork
Yield: 5-6 large scoops
Time: Total 6 hours 10 minutes
10 minutes prep
6 hours freezing
190 ml condensed milk
1/4 cup unsweetened natural cocoa powder
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Pinch of fine salt
1 cup heavy cream, cold
Chopped brownie chunks
- Place a 8×4 loaf pan, large bowl and whisk(s) in freezer ten minutes before you begin.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the condensed milk, cocoa powder, vanilla extract and salt together, until everything is combined- it’ll be a thick mixture.
- Removing the large bowl and whisk(s) from the freezer, pour in the 1 cup of heavy cream and whip with a hand/stand mixer until firm peaks.
- Using a spatula, spoon half of the whipped cream into the cocoa condensed milk mixture and fold.
- Pour the mixture back into the bowl with remaining whipped cream and fold. FOLD, FOLD, FOLD until there are no more lumps.
- Pour into loaf pan, cover with cling film and stick into freezer for two hours.
- Cut brownie slices into quarters. Chop hazelnuts into quarters, using a sieve shake chopped hazelnuts to remove any nutty powders. The powdered hazelnut could make ice cream gritty if mixed in.
- After two hours, remove from freezer, swirl in chopped brownies and hazelnuts. Pop back into freezer for 4-6 hours.
- Keep outside for a couple minutes before scooping out and serving. Top with more chopped hazelnuts and chocolate fudge.