Hey, all my food lovers!
I’m baack and well, frankly quite exhausted!
Malaysia was fantastic, got a lot of sightseeing done and even got to see something that wasn’t on our itinerary!
Any Designated Survivor fans here?
‘Cause, well, I still start fangirling when I think about it!
Okay, so you know the press secretary on Designated Survivor, Seth Wright, played by Kal Penn?
Kal Penn was standing behind me in line to go up the Petronas Towers.
It was my first ever celebrity encounter, so I was completely floored and freaking out and obviously grinning like an idiot!
It’s going to be a very treasured memory I can assure you!
Finally, back home and staying put for a little while- hopefully!
There are a ton of weddings lined up for the next month or so, so I’m hoping to get a lot of cooking done and finally start tackling my child psychology course again!
And what better way to get through studying and a daily routine then to always have an easy to make, healthy snack on hand?
This strawberry parfait has become one of my favorite snacks. And breakfast. And post-workout snack.
It’s so incredibly easy and definitely worthwhile to make your own granola to add that bit of crunch to the fruit and yoghurt combo.
You can also make this with any other berries- blueberries are another favorite of mine to toss on top.
Granola is so versatile, you could flavor it any way you like and even add nuts, seeds or chocolate chips! I’ve got a favorite peanut butter granola recipe, however for this parfait I made a honey almond granola that is just divine.
Just a couple of ingredients that you should already have in your pantry- but if not, there are always substitutes!
If you try out this recipe, please let me know! Tag me on instagram (_littlemiracles_). Feel free to leave a comment below; let me know what you think! I love to hear from you all! Follow me on Instagram: @_littlemiracles_ or just click on the Follow Me! button on the top right hand of the page to get an email every time there’s a post!♥
Strawberry Greek Yoghurt Parfait with Homemade Granola
Recipe by Sammer
Time: 5 minutes if not making granola
45-50 mins if making granola
Yield: granola- 2 cups
Parfait – 2
6 tbsp. greek yoghurt- plain (full/low fat)
3 tbsp. granola
2 cups diced strawberries
Cacao Nibs for garnish
- In a bowl or glass, layer a couple tablespoons of Greek yoghurt. I found three heaped tablespoons to be good enough.
- Sprinkle some granola over yoghurt, top with strawberries/ fruit and sprinkle cacao nibs to complete.
- Refrigerate if not eating immediately.
1 1/2 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup almonds, thinly sliced
1/4 cup/ 4 tbsp. coconut oil
1/4 cup/ 4 tbsp. honey
- Preheat oven to 325ºF/162ºC. Line a large baking sheet with a silicon mat or parchment paper.
- Combine the oats and almonds in a large bowl.
- Pour in the coconut oil and honey. Mix with a spatula and spread on the prepared baking sheet.
- Pop into oven and bake for 30-40 minutes or until golden and slightly crispy. Cool completely before using. Store in an airtight container.
- In place of almonds, you could add hazelnuts, walnuts, cashews and macadamia- any nut you prefer. Seeds could be added as well, such as sunflower or pumpkin seeds.
- The fat added could be melted butter, vegetable or olive oil.
- Sweetener could be maple syrup, molasses or unsweetened apple sauce.
- Dried fruit and other add ins, such as cacao nibs, shredded coconut flakes can be added once baked and cooled. Just stir into baked granola.