Let’s get back to being healthy, shall we?
Two days of indulgence should be enough for this week, am I right?
I’m sure we’ve all been eyeing a cool treat to enjoy come weekend to get some relief from this miserable heat so to justify that and ease the guilt, here is a scrumptious, juicy, mouthwatering recipe for stuffed mushrooms.
With absolutely great pictures, if I do say so myself.
Not gloating, or anything, but they have come a looong way from where I was when I started blogging and I am quite proud.
Still have a long way to go though.
So, remember those chicken and bell peppers we grilled for cheesy, heavenly quesadillas yesterday? Well, got any leftovers?
‘Cause that chicken is going into a mushroom today and I’m here to tell you it is
So watcha waitin’ for?
Get stuffing those mushrooms!
If you try out this recipe, please let me know! Tag me on instagram (_littlemiracles_). Feel free to leave a comment below; let me know what you think! I love to hear from you all! Follow me on Instagram: @_littlemiracles_ or just click on the Follow Me! button on the top right hand of the page to get an email every time there’s a post!♥
Spicy Chicken Stuffed Mushrooms
Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 10-12 mushrooms
Recipe by Sammer
10-12 button mushrooms
Leftover Cajun Chicken & Bell Peppers
1 cup shredded, cooked boneless chicken breasts
1/2 red bell peppers, chopped into small pieces
1 tbsp. Cajun spices
1 tbsp. bread crumbs
1/4 tsp Italian seasoning
Pinch of oregano leaves AND
Pinch of dried basil leaves
1/2 tsp Schezwan sauce
1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 180ºC/350ºF. Prepare a cookie sheet by drizzling olive oil over.
- Clean mushrooms, twist off stems. You could also chop up the stems and add to this mixture.
- To the Cajun Chicken & Bell Peppers, add the breadcrumbs, Italian seasoning (oregano+dried basil) and Schezwan sauce. Mix to coat completely.
- Using a sugar spoon- tinier than a teaspoon- or a teaspoon, stuff mushrooms as high as you can.
- Top with cheese, Pop into oven for about 10 minutes- until cheese has melted and mushrooms have soften.
- Take a bite and get transported to another world.