Welcome to (drumroll please) Little Miracles’ first ever Break Time!
What exactly is Break Time, you ask?
For the next ten days, the recipe of the day that goes up is going to be one that you can throw together when a craving suddenly hits or is perfect for planning light meals throughout the day.
I’ve got some delicious recipes in store just waiting to be made by you!
Beginning with these Lazy Mini Cheeseburger Muffins.
Don’t they look delish?
These are absolutely ideal for a number of circumstances. They’re great to keep for school lunches, super easy to put together and easily customizable and a great alternative to a burger when you can’t get your hands on one.
A mini version of anything is always a winner!
The base for these mini cheeseburger is made from a Bisquick mix, which is a flour mix by Betty Crocker. I don’t exactly remember how I got my hands on a Bisquick cookbook a number of years ago, but at one point in time, it was a staple for me. The first time I made churros was using a Bisquick mix. Garlic Parmesan Churros! They even have great desserts!
If you don’t have Bisquick mix, don’t worry- a substitute is totally available using staple ingredients found in your pantry.
For 1 cup of Bisquick Mix substitute with this mixture-
1 cup all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 tbsp. oil, melted butter or shortening
Sift the dry ingredients together and then using a pastry blender or two knives, cut in the fat (i.e. melted butter, oil or shortening. I usually use olive oil) until the mixture is crumbly.
Store the mixture in an airtight container in the refrigerator when not in use.
There are numerous toppings that you can customise these with. I love pickles and mustard so that’s what I added to mine. You could add ketchup or top with other veggies such as caramelised onions or sautéed mushrooms.
If you try out this recipe or simply love it, then please let me know! Leave a comment below or tag me on Instagram (@_littlemiracles_) and I’ll be sure to check it out! Follow me on Instagram- _littlemiracles_ to see what’s cooking! ♥
Lazy Mini Cheeseburger Muffins
Recipe from Betty Crocker
Time: Prep: 45 minutes
Baking- 25-30 minutes
Yield: 10 muffins
1/4 kg minced meat, washed and drained
1/2 tsp minced garlic/paste
1/4 tsp minced ginger/paste
1 small red onion finely sliced
1 tsp red chili powder
1/2 tsp coriander powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
salt to taste
1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
3/4-1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup/ 8 tbsps. Bisquick mix
1/2 cup/ 8 tbsps. cold milk
2 small eggs
- Preheat oven to 230ºC/446ºF. Spray a large cup(not mini!) muffin tin with a nonstick spray and set aside.
- Making meat mixture: In a pressure cooker, heat some oil, enough to cover the bottom of the pan. Add chopped onions, ginger and garlic paste and sauté till translucent. Once onions have softened, add the spices’ red chili powder, turmeric, coriander powder and salt. Toss in the minced meat and mix well. Let the juices run out of the meat and then dry up. Add some water, enough to just cover the meat and cover pressure cooker, cooking until meat is done.
- Move to a bowl to cool. Once slightly cooled, add the Worcestershire and cheddar cheese and mix.
- Making Bisquick Batter : This is where kids can chip in. Spoon and level a 1/2 cup of Bisquick Mix into a medium bowl. Add the 1/2 cup milk and crack two eggs straight into the bowl. Using a whisk, slowly combine.
- Place about 1 tbsp. of Bisquick Batter into the bottom of the muffin tin cups. Add 2-3 tbsp. of meat mixture, pour about 3 tbsp. of batter over meat. If adding chopped tomatoes, then sprinkle on top. You could probably add sliced mushrooms as well. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until muffins are golden and a toothpick/cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean.