Whew! That title is a mouthful!
I am SO excited to be bringing you all this recipe! It is officially, the first ever Gluten Free dessert on Little Miracles!
These cupcakes are little pillows of chocolatey goodness! So moist and light, that I really don’t think I’ll be going back to regular chocolate cupcakes anytime soon! I’m serious!
These are so incredibly moist! Four cupcakes are definitely not enough!
I am going to keep working on these and try to make them refined sugar free, but this recipe is definitely a keeper!
Super simple too! You just need two bowls, one to mix all the dry ingredients, one for all the wet ingredients except for the coffee. Bake for about 12 minutes and voilà!
You’ll be biting into moist, chocolatey goodness in just minutes!
The peanut butter buttercream frosting complements the chocolate cupcake perfectly, but you can top it with ganache or whipped cream, whatever you prefer!
If you try out this recipe, please let me know! Tag me on instagram (_littlemiracles_). Feel free to leave a comment below; let me know what you think! I love to hear from you all!♥
Best Chocolate Cupcakes Ever with Peanut Butter Frosting
Yield: 4 cupcakes
Time: 30 minutes
Recipe adapted from whatthefork
1/3 cup Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free 1 to 1 Baking Flour OR
1/3 cup all purpose Gluten free flour + 1/4 tsp Xanthan Gum
4 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
4 tsp vegetable oil
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup buttermilk, at room temperature
2 tbsp. strong freshly brewed coffee
- Preheat oven at 180ºC/350ºF. Place cupcake liners in muffin pan or grease pan.
- In a large bowl, mix all the dry ingredients together until well combines.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together the vegetable oil, vanilla and buttermilk. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the combined wet ingredients. Gently whisk together. Pour in the brewed coffee and combine.
- Pour the batter into the cupcake liners/pan and bake for about 10-12 minutes, but check with a tester before pulling out of the oven. Keep an eye on them 10 minutes onwards.
- Cool completely before icing.
Peanut Butter Buttercream
Recipe adapted from peasandcrayons
1/4 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup/ 4 tbsp. butter, softened
9 tbsp. powdered sugar
1 tbsp. milk, room temperature
- In a large mixing bowl, whip peanut butter and softened butter until smooth.
- Add in the sugar, one tablespoon at a time. Add the milk and whisk until smooth.
- Place in the refrigerator until ready for use. Using a spatula, spoon into piping bag and decorate.