Brownies have been a household staple growing up ever since I started baking as a kid. My dad simply loves brownies with walnuts, especially when warmed and topped with an enormous scoop of vanilla ice cream.
It’s funny how that is my husband’s one and only favorite dessert. How I ended up with a guy who doesn’t enjoy desserts or anything excessively sweet I may never understand!
Just look at that fudgy center!
This is the first time I made such a small batch that fit into a loaf pan! You end up with 3 huge slices of brownies just waiting to be topped with those scoops of ice cream! You can add in anything you like! Chocolate chips, nuts or as I did, place some sliced strawberries over the batter before sliding the pan into the oven! The strawberries release their juices and make the brownies so much more fudgier! Imagine the tart taste of strawberries mixed in with some dark chocolate!
Did you notice the crispy layer on top?
This brownie recipe is ideal for two –or just one, I mean who’s to judge? ‘Cause I ended up eating 3/4th of this batch!– and a perfect way to end a dinner. Serve it with a scoop of ice cream or chop up the brownies and layer with whipped cream and berries! Either way, you won’t be disappointed!
If you try out this recipe, please let me know! Tag me on instagram (_littlemiracles_). Feel free to leave a comment below; let me know what you think! I love to hear from you all!♥
Brownies For Two
Yield: 3 large pieces
Author: Sammer Nasir
25 gms dark chocolate
33 gms unsalted butter
88 gms confectioners’ sugar
33 gms all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 180ºC/356º. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper, keeping some overhanging on both sides to lift out easily.
- Using a bain marie or placing chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, melt completely. Let stand to cool for 2 minutes. Add in the confectioners’ sugar and mix well.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt in a separate bowl.
- Beat egg till foamy and add vanilla extract. Pour into the sugar and chocolate mixture, stir to combine. Add the flour mixture and mix well, scraping down the sides of the bowl.
- Pour batter into loaf pan and slide into oven. Bake for 15-20 minutes, keeping an eye on the brownies 15 minutes onwards. A toothpick inserted into the brownie should have some moist crumbs still sticking to it when you remove from the oven. Cool on rack before slicing and lifting parchment paper from tin.