HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
I hope you all rang in the new year with your loved ones and had a wonderful, safe time!
I just walked nearly five kilometers to get to my car after watching the new year’s light show at the Dubai Mall, wearing a gorgeous pair of boots that were cutting into my feet! I’m all ready to fall into bed! I just wanted to bring this to you guys and wish you a wonderful year ahead!
The last twelve months flew by in the blink of an eye- not that being unable to keep track of the time meant that it didn’t have its share of bad news. I, for one, am waiting for a new, better, happier year all around!
And what better way to prepare than to start eating cleaner and healthier? There will, hopefully, be many new things this year on the blog, including gluten free recipes and refined sugar free desserts and treats. I am definitely excited to see what kitchen adventures this year has in store!
Also, January marks the beginning of Little Miracles’ 6th month online! I have put my heart and soul into this and I am so very grateful to all my wonderful followers.♥ I love you guys!
Behold! Our first recipe of the year! It’s zesty, it’s healthy and it’s yummy!
A guilt free, easy recipe that is absolutely delicious. This Mushroom and Chicken Quinoa is flavorful, filling and a fun change for an everyday meal.
For all those aiming for a healthier lifestyle from this year, this recipe will help keep your resolutions in check with a tasty dish.
If you’ve got 30 minutes to throw together a yummy dinner, then this is it! And it tastes just as good warmed up the next day paired with a salad or as a snack!
If you try out this recipe, please let me know! Tag me on instagram (_littlemiracles_). Feel free to leave a comment below; let me know what you think or if you’ve got any suggestions! I love to hear from you all!♥
Mushroom and Chicken Quinoa
Time: 30-40 minutes
Recipe adapted from damndelicious
1/2 cup Quinoa, uncooked
1 cup Chicken stock
2 tbsp Olive oil
1 tsp Garlic, minced
300 gms boneless chicken, cut into small pieces
1 cup Cremini Mushrooms, chopped
2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
Salt and black pepper to taste
Sprinkle of Thyme
Grated Parmesan cheese – as garnish
- The ratio of quinoa to water is 1:2. For 1/2 cup of quinoa, you will need 1 cup of chicken stock. I tend to use the Maggi Chicken stock cubes.
- Put 1/2 cup quinoa in an empty bowl and pour some water over it. Let it soak for about 15-20 minutes.
- Strain the quinoa and place in a saucepan. Add the 1 cup of chicken stock. Let it boil once, stir. Cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until all the water has been absorbed. Set aside.
- While quinoa is cooking, add olive oil to a wok. Once warm, add the minced garlic and stir.
- Add chicken and stir, let it cook halfway, about ten minutes, before adding the chopped mushrooms.
- Pour in the lemon juice, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook until chicken is done and mushrooms are tender.
- Turn heat down low, spoon the quinoa into the wok and stir till completely combined.
- Turn off heat. Sprinkle thyme and some grated parmesan over the dish.