The beauty about pasta recipes is that they are very versatile. Depending on what you’re craving you can always alter a recipe to suit your taste.
Usually when I’ve got a hankering for something savoury, then I enjoy it spicy and packed with flavours. Then there are times when I just need something creamy and indulgent to satisfy my hunger.
Because of the roasting, it does take a little bit longer to put together, but it is definitely worth it!
If you try out this recipe or simply love it, then please let me know! Leave a comment below or tag me on Instagram and I’ll be sure to check it out! ♥
Roasted Red Pepper Alfredo
Recipe adapted by yellowblissroad
4 large red bell peppers, cut into quarters, deseeded
1 tbsp. minced garlic
1 cup Farfalle pasta
2 tbsp. olive oil
1/4 cup finely diced onion
1 cup vegetable/chicken broth
3 tbsp. heavy cream
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
salt and pepper to taste
basil as garnish
- Line a baking tray with aluminium foil. Place the cut red bell peppers skin side up. Place under the broiler for about 15-20 minutes or until the skins have started to blacken on the corners. Remove from the oven and place in a zip-lock bag, sealed, for 10 minutes. Remove the skins from the peppers after the 10 minutes.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil, add a pinch of salt and a splash of olive oil. Cook pasta according to instructions on package. Drain and keep aside.
- In a pan/wok, heat 1 tbsp. olive oil and cook the onions until they are soft; about 5 minutes. Add the garlic just as onions begin to soften. Remove from heat and add onions and garlic mixture along with roasted red peppers to a blender/food processor and puree.
- Using the same pan/wok, heat 1 tbsp. of olive oil. Add the roasted red peppers puree to the pan and cook for a minute. Pour in the broth and heavy cream, cook. Season with salt and pepper, mix well. Let the sauce thicken slightly.
- Remove from heat, add in the parmesan cheese and basil. Add half of the pasta and mix, coating with sauce. Add the remaining pasta and combine. Garnish with parmesan and basil, serve hot.